With the excitement and hype during the Christmas holiday, it is easy to forget that just a few days later comes the end of another year. New Year's Eve is a time to have fun and celebrate the end of the past year and the beginning of a new one!
And now, it is not too early to start thinking of your plans to kick off the New Year. Whether you are going to a huge party, a friends house, a bar or any other New Year’s event, it is important to remember one thing: create great memories. If you are tired of doing the same thing every year, throw your own party. This way, you can celebrate the night with your closest friends and their friends and their friends...
If you are planning to throw a party, we want to let you in on a few suggestions that will really make your party one to remember!
1. Choose a theme! It's New Year's Eve! Have some fun with it! But make sure that the theme is not too hard for your guests to follow. After all, it is only a few days after the holiday season and people will be busy!
2. Change the color of your light bulbs. This will add some extra ambiance that will really set the mood for your event!
3. Throughout the night serve light snacks and bite-sized pieces. Then, around 10:30 put out a buffet with heartier foods. This will give people something new to try and enable them to fill their stomachs with something a little more substantial.
4. In your invitation, request that guests submit three songs they want to hear. Mix these songs into your playlist for the night to ensure that everyone hears something they love!
5. Photo booths are all the rage this year. Rent a photo booth to add to the hilarity of the night. Then the next day, review all your pictures with friends and decide which ones are Facebook worthy!
6. Serve a specialty drink. This will keep alcohol costs down and be a cute addition to your theme.
7. Get all those tacky noise makers and New Year's Eve hats. Even though it may seem silly, people love them.
8. Put out mints around the room and in the bathrooms. People will want to make sure they have a fresh minty breath for their special New Year's kiss!
9. Have the numbers of local taxi cabs on hand to assist anyone who may not be driving home that night.
10. Prepare a goodbye/good morning package with extra Vitamin C, water, and Advil. Add in a CD of some of the music from the night and give them a to-go cup of hot chocolate to stay warm.
Adding these tips to your party planning will ensure that your night is a success! Happy New Year!
Do you have more ideas for great party planning activities? Let us know!
Interested in renting a photo booth for your New Year’s Eve party? Please contact us ahead of time to secure a photo booth for your party